The Town of Beaumont dates back to 1895 when it was the hamlet of Beaumont and the St Vital church was constructed. The original church was destroyed by fire in 1918, was rebuilt in 1919 and has been an important landmark in the community ever since. Located 3km south of Edmonton with easy driving access by 50th Street, residents of the town of Beaumont enjoy its quiet atmosphere and strong French influence. They can also lay claim to the highest average price for single family homes in the area (just ahead of St Albert and Sherwood Park) and with the recent annexation of land from the County of Leduc, the town of Beaumont has doubled in size which is necessary due to with its recent population growth. One of the largest towns in Alberta with approx 15,000 inhabitants, the Town of Beaumont could very soon be the City of Beaumont.